Arabic is one of the world’s most beautiful languages. It is a poetic language and also a liturgical language of Islam. Arabic calligraphy has been constantly admired as a noble form of religious art. No wonder, Arabic is spoken by more than 400 million people across the world. It is the fifth most spoken language in the world, with 270 million native speakers from across 26 diverse countries.
Learning the language
Learning a new language is sometimes fun but at other times, it’s challenging and even daunting. Nothing is impossible! It all depends upon your interest, grasping capacity, mode of teaching, teaching methods, competent instructors, etc. It is a fact that some languages are easier than others. Arabic has been seen as a difficult language to learn. But if the course module is designed and customized as per the learners’ background then one can easily learn the language. But if you’re dedicated and open to venturing different teaching methods and techniques, you can easily master Arabic which is both feasible on your part and extremely rewarding.
The good thing is that you don’t have to travel to the Arab world to learn it. Now you can learn Arabic online as per your convenience that to from the comfort of your home through online classes.
There are tons of free online resources and dedicated websites are available that may put you in a fix to chose the right learning service organization/ institution to learn Arabic online.
What is learning Arabic Online?
The world is changing very fast, so also the teaching and learning spectrum. The traditional way of looking at learning/ teaching has undergone an astounding transformation in the last few years. The entire globe is experiencing a paradigm shift in the arena of learning/teaching. Learning a foreign language is no longer a privilege of rich and influential people. Online learning has provided countless choices to a range of people who in the past were unable to access foreign language education.
The use of the latest technology coupled with a robust curriculum and appropriate course design makes learning better, easier, and faster. You can learn Arabic online irrespective of your location. Why not…? After all, we’re living in a digital world. To impart teaching several mobile apps and interactive and communicative software are being widely used by service providers.
Requirements for learning Arabic online
The requirements for learning online are simple, affordable, and handy. All you need is a Smartphone (with good cam) and connection to a strong internet network. If you have a desktop/laptop then it’s even better. Apart from that, you need commitment, discipline, and a focused approach to learning Arabic online.
Steps to Learn Arabic Online
Several factors have to be considered when you are planning to learn the language online.
- Chose the right institution very carefully if you don’t want to waste your time and money. You may get Free Online Courses but many institutions/organizations charge for their online classes that provide a much better learning platform to the Arabic learners. It’s always better if they have native Arab teachers from the Middle East or teachers who are exceedingly qualified and have substantial experience in teaching foreigners. So paying a few bucks should not be a hurdle for you. There is a popular adage – “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch” which means “it is not possible to get something for nothing”.
- Select the right course that is most appropriate for you. A variety of Arabic learning courses are in the offering. You need to zero down your selection of the course that suits your background, time, and your wallet. Institutions offer different courses for children, adults, and other specific groups. Some of them are short-term and other long-term courses. There are basic courses as well as advanced level courses. So the selection of the course is vital.
- Register with the institution after you have made up your mind on the course. It is a pretty simple step that could be done online, using a Smartphone or a computer that has an internet connection. You have to fill-up the form with the necessary details and thereafter you have to pay the tuition fee. Before making a payment, please cross-check the credibility of the institution.
- Having internet enabled Smartphone/ Computer is a prerequisite for online learning. So it is advisable to have a Smartphone/ computer fitted with a good quality camera for smooth streaming of classes.
- Attend the online classes regularly, if you have chosen a time-specific class. Some apps allow you to learn as and when you want to. Anyway, you must put aside 4-5 hours dedicated time every day for the class to get the best result.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!!! Yes, this should be your motto as well as an action point. There is a proverb “Practice makes a man perfect” which means the practice has immense significance behind any kind of learning. The hard work and success have no alternatives.
- Connect, Converse, and Communicate with native speakers through digital platforms like Skype. This will refine your language learning process. You can clear your doubts informally when you interact casually with a stranger. You need to rise above your comfort zone to do this. You should interact with the experts/ linguists/ teachers as well.
- Watch TV, listen to music, and read newspaper in Arabic. Yes, this is a cool strategy that can complement your Arabic learning. All these mediums of media have a specific advantage as far as language learning is concerned.
- Keeping an Arabic to English dictionary would be quite helpful. Always carry a pocket dictionary wherever you go. This would allow you to refer it whenever you encounter a new Arabic word.
These are a few steps that you may consider and follow to learn Arabic online successfully. You can use the internet to get many learning resources that could be additionally useful in your drive to learn this new language
Learning Arabic online has become much easier these days as highly customized online courses are available that fit you the best. Your prudence over choosing a good institution is also vital. If you can put effort, display dedication, and practice regularly then it won’t take much time when you could speak, read, and write Arabic fluently.
If you are ready to start learning Arabic, start your free evaluation https://alifarabic.com/schedule-free-evaluation1/